Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Kyleigh's 3rd Grade Teacher Card

So it is that time of year already...back to school.  Many schools have already begun, but ours starts on Friday!!!  Kyleigh is entering 3rd grade, which means new school this year.  She will be going into the intermediate school for the first time.  I cant believe how fast time has gone!  So I decided that since last year I made her teacher a card for almost all of the special days during the school year...even a Congratulations card when she told the class she was expecting...that I wanted to start this school year off with a card.  I used a Recollections corrugated card, Echo Park's Paper and Glue 6x6 paper, and LaLaLand Crafts' Travel Marci.  I colored the image in with my copics, I wanted to make it look more back to school than travel, so I continued the primary colors from the paper over to the image.  I also used an old Sizzix die for the Rolodex cards that I cut the blue and yellow papers with.  The flowers are from a seller off of Facebook, the scissors and apple are Studio Calico wood veneers I colored to match the card using my Copics.  I like how the card came out...the real critique will come tomorrow morning when I show Kyleigh!!

7 comments:

  1. OMGosh this is so adorable, I love it! I cannot get enough of the La La's and I love the dp. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image. Adorable card. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubber Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun school card. Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOKS LIKE SHE IS READY FOR SCHOOL..GREAT TO SEE YOU AT YUMI FUMI HANDMADE BACK TO SCHOOL CHALLENGE, GOODLUCK AND PLEASE JOIN OUR NEXT CHALLENGE TOO

    HUGS BLANKINA
    DY TEAM FUMI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, this is super cute! So glad you could play along with us at Yumi & Fumi Handmade!! Be sure to join us again for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card, I'm sure your daughter's teacher appreciated it! Thanks for joining in with the Yumi & Fumi Handmade Back to School challenge! Sheena B (Team Fumi)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is Marci?! Very sweet card! I'm sure the teacher loved it! Thanks for playing with us at Yumi and Fumi handmade! I hope you will come and play with us at our new challenge too. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete